2- 9 inch x7 inch- 100% Cotton Rectangles (Quilting Cotton is best, with different patterns)
1 -1inch x 40 inch knit strip
1 Pipe Cleaner
- Iron Pleats- You will create 2 separate pleats. Create the pleats by pinching and folding about 2 inches and 3 inches down from the top. The pleats must face down. Once you have created the pleats, your rectangle should measure roughly 9 by 4.5 inches.
- With right sides together, Pin 2 different print pieces together, and stitch together at the top and the bottom with ¼ seam allowance. Be sure to leave the short ends open. Flip in side out, and press one more time.
- Casing for Pipe Cleaner. From the top, stitch one line ½ inch from the top.
- Inset pipe cleaner into the casing
- Fold the short ends of both sides in about ¼ inch, then fold in one more time ¾ inch to create the casing for the knit band. Using an edge stitch, stitch as close to the folded edge as possible. If this casing is smaller than ¾ inch, you will have issues inserting the knit band, due to the pleats.
- Using a safety pin, insert one end of the strip through the casing, then repeat on the other side. Tie a knot in the end of the knit strip to prevent from coming out of casing.